Wasatch Front Waste & Recycling District offers a variety of services that are seasonal or upon request. These services are Fall Leaf Collection, Christmas Tree Collection, and New Move-in Box pickup.
Fall Leaf Collection
Beginning October 1
(1 bundle of ten per household) at area libraries, recreation facilities, senior centers, and our offices while supplies last.
Between October 15 and November 30
- Wasatch Front Waste & Recycling District does not collect leaves at your curb.
- Other yard or waste bags can be used as leaf bags
Leaf Collection Customer tips
We encourage residents to reuse and recycle their leaves by digging them into the garden, composting them, or using a lawn mower to mulch them into your lawn. This adds nutrients and helps the soil retain moisture. Home composting and mulching information can be found at the bottom of the page. If you choose to bag your leaves, please take them to the locations listed.
- Do not dump garbage, yard waste, or other items at the leaf bag collection site.
- Do not put leaves in your recycle can.
- Place leaf bags in the designated trailers at area parks, not on the ground. The trailers are emptied daily.
Curbside Christmas Tree Collection
Your tree will be picked up on any of your regularly scheduled collection days during the month of January. If we don’t get your tree one week, we will be back on your next regularly scheduled collection day. Please feel free to call our office for more information.
- Do not put trees in your garbage, green waste, or recycle can.
- Trees must be bare of tinsel, flocking, ornaments, stands, lights, and all other decorations.
- If the tree is over eight feet tall, please cut it in half.
We offer new move-in box collection services year round. Please contact us to have your boxes and packing material picked up: (385) 468-6325.